How USWNT paved way for Novak Djokovic Wimbledon victory
In bizarre coincidence, all of the USWNT's tournament victories have coincided with Djokovic's Wimbledon championship wins.
Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title on Sunday against Roger Federer, a result an eagle-eye sports fan could have predicted after the US Women's National Team lifted the World Cup last Sunday.
The USA defeated the Netherlands to gain their fourth Women's World Cup crown in France on July 7. And interrestingly, all of their recent tournament victories have coincided with Djokovic's Wimbledon championship wins.
Djokovic and USWNT victories
When the US women's team won the Concacaf pre-world cup in 2014, Novak Djokovic that same year beat Roger Federer in five sets to win at Wimbledon. In 2015, the USWNT were crowned as World Cup champions in Canada, and then Nole earned another Wimbledon title against Federer.
In 2018, the United States women's squad won the Concacaf once again, which was also followed by Novak Djokovic again winning the London Grand Slam; this time the Serbian's opponent was Kevin Anderson.
And again in 2019, after Megan Rapinoe and Co claimend their fourth World title, Djokovic beat old foe federer to win his fifth Wimbledon and 16th grand slam title, where the Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophy for the first time.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds