How USWNT paved way for Novak Djokovic Wimbledon victory
In bizarre coincidence, all of the USWNT's tournament victories have coincided with Djokovic's Wimbledon championship wins.
Novak Djokovic won his fifth Wimbledon title on Sunday against Roger Federer, a result an eagle-eye sports fan could have predicted after the US Women's National Team lifted the World Cup last Sunday.
The USA defeated the Netherlands to gain their fourth Women's World Cup crown in France on July 7. And interrestingly, all of their recent tournament victories have coincided with Djokovic's Wimbledon championship wins.
Djokovic and USWNT victories
When the US women's team won the Concacaf pre-world cup in 2014, Novak Djokovic that same year beat Roger Federer in five sets to win at Wimbledon. In 2015, the USWNT were crowned as World Cup champions in Canada, and then Nole earned another Wimbledon title against Federer.
In 2018, the United States women's squad won the Concacaf once again, which was also followed by Novak Djokovic again winning the London Grand Slam; this time the Serbian's opponent was Kevin Anderson.
And again in 2019, after Megan Rapinoe and Co claimend their fourth World title, Djokovic beat old foe federer to win his fifth Wimbledon and 16th grand slam title, where the Duchess of Cambridge presented the trophy for the first time.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week