Real Madrid bid Montreal adiós: Ramos returns, Benzema rests
Zidane's squad completed their final session in Canada before thet set off for Houston, Texas. Benzema and Mariano were the only absentees.
Real Madrid brought their summer stage in Montreal, Canada to an end today and tomorrow, the squad will set off for the United States where they will play three games in this year's International Champions Cup. Today's session, the last on Canadian soil, was marked by the return of Sergio Ramos and the absence of two players - Karim Benzema and Mariano.
Ramos trains as normal
The captain missed Wednesday's early evening session at Saputo Stadium, he spent an hour working at a slower pace inside the gym. It was Karim Benzema's turn to take it easy today - coaching staff are keen to ensure that the striker avoids any sprain during what has been a gruelling week of double sessions which have pushed the players to the limit.
Mariano also didn't train with the rest of the squad due to a knock he took in the previous session. He's been ordered to rest but should be available for Saturday's game against Bayern Munich in Houston, Texas.
Off to Texas tomorrow
There was no evening session programmed for today, Real Madrid will set off for Houston at 14:00 hours local time tomorrow to begin a tour which will take them to Washington and New York.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus