Seattle Sounders delight the world with new keeper Bheem Goya
During the friendly match against Borussia Dortmund, the Seattle Sounders fulfilled the dream of Bheem Goya a child fighting against leukemia.
The Seattle Sounders fell to a 3-1 friendly defeat to Borussia Dortmund at CenturyLink Field this week, but the result was the least important thing on the night, as 'The Rave Green' made a young boy's wish came true.
The Sounders charmed fans the world over after signing eight-year-old Bheem Goya - a young boy who suffers from leukemia. The MLS team tried to motivate him by officially signing him and handing him his debut in the friendly against Bundesliga runners-up, Borussia Dortmund.
The Sounders welcomed their new goalkeeper with a post on their official Twitter account, with Bheem Goya fulfilling his dream by joining the first team squad's training sessions and being treated like a real MLS star, in the run-up to Wednesday's match.
The young keeper couldn't hide his happiness at sharing the same dressing room as Nicolas Lodeiro, Raul Ruidiaz and Roman Torres and company for the week's preparations.
On matchday, Bheem Goyal was in the starting XI and was called into action almost immediately, controlling the ball with his feet playing it out to his defence to huge cheers from the stands.
Bheem goes off to applause and cheers
After Seattle Sounders' kind gesture, Bheem made way for senior keeper Bryan Meredith and the rest of the match was played normally with Dortmund ending as winners with goals from Marius Wolf, Paco Alcácer and Jadon Sancho; Jonathan Campbell scored for the hosts.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién has a lot more convincing to do
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mohamed Salah reaches another Liverpool milestone
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Luis Suárez moves third on club all-time scoring list
- CORONAVIRUS How many people will be eligible for the second check with the $40,000 limit?
- FC BARCELONA Barcelona: Gerard Piqué rides into Camp Nou on a 10,000-euro electric bike