Rapinoe guest of honour at Arsenal vs Fiorentina ICC match
US women's national team captain Megan Rapinoe was present at the International Champions Cup match at Bank of America Stadium.
Arsenal are in the United States as part of their pre/season tour, where they are participating in the 2019 International Champions Cup and on Saturday night they faced Fiorentina at Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Before the game, Megan Rapinoe stole the spotlight, with all eyes on the star of the United States women's national team, who recently won their second straight World Cup.
Rapinoe, who was the star of recent FIFA tournament, stole the show prior to the Gunners and Fiore match, with players like Hector Bellerin and Mesut Özil posing for photos with the current Seattle Reign star.
The Carolina Panthers running back was also present at the game between Arsenal and Fiorentina, with McCaffrey taking the opportunity to snap a photo to remember the USWNT captain.
Rapinoe has been in the public eye with her fight for equality, receiving criticism from President Donald Trump, deeming that the US captain was disrespectful by not singing or putting her hand over her heart during the US national anthem at the World Cup.
Rapinoe sent President Trump a message during her visit to Anderson Cooper's show at CNN, where she said Trump needed to do "better for everyone since his message is excluding people."
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth