Rapinoe guest of honour at Arsenal vs Fiorentina ICC match
US women's national team captain Megan Rapinoe was present at the International Champions Cup match at Bank of America Stadium.
Arsenal are in the United States as part of their pre/season tour, where they are participating in the 2019 International Champions Cup and on Saturday night they faced Fiorentina at Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Before the game, Megan Rapinoe stole the spotlight, with all eyes on the star of the United States women's national team, who recently won their second straight World Cup.
Rapinoe, who was the star of recent FIFA tournament, stole the show prior to the Gunners and Fiore match, with players like Hector Bellerin and Mesut Özil posing for photos with the current Seattle Reign star.
The Carolina Panthers running back was also present at the game between Arsenal and Fiorentina, with McCaffrey taking the opportunity to snap a photo to remember the USWNT captain.
Rapinoe has been in the public eye with her fight for equality, receiving criticism from President Donald Trump, deeming that the US captain was disrespectful by not singing or putting her hand over her heart during the US national anthem at the World Cup.
Rapinoe sent President Trump a message during her visit to Anderson Cooper's show at CNN, where she said Trump needed to do "better for everyone since his message is excluding people."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August