USA national team will face Uruguay in September
The US men's national team will go back to St. Louis after nearly 20 years to face Uruguay before the start of the CONCACAF Nations League.
The US men's national team have announced a friendly match against fifth-ranked Uruguay for Tuesday, September 10 in St. Louis, marking the USMNT's second game there in nearly 20 years.
St. Louis used to be considered the soccer US capital and the team's unofficial home, and now they will be back again to face Uruguay - against whom they have an even record of 2-2-2 - for the seventh time. This match will also be the first between both national teams in 17 years.
"We look forward to this challenge against an excellent Uruguayan team. They possess a mixture of top-level offensive difference makers and experienced defenders that have competed on the world stage for years. Part of the development of our team is being able to compete against teams with the profile of Uruguay consistently," concluded US coach Gregg Berhalter.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini