USA national team will face Uruguay in September
The US men's national team will go back to St. Louis after nearly 20 years to face Uruguay before the start of the CONCACAF Nations League.
The US men's national team have announced a friendly match against fifth-ranked Uruguay for Tuesday, September 10 in St. Louis, marking the USMNT's second game there in nearly 20 years.
St. Louis used to be considered the soccer US capital and the team's unofficial home, and now they will be back again to face Uruguay - against whom they have an even record of 2-2-2 - for the seventh time. This match will also be the first between both national teams in 17 years.
"We look forward to this challenge against an excellent Uruguayan team. They possess a mixture of top-level offensive difference makers and experienced defenders that have competed on the world stage for years. Part of the development of our team is being able to compete against teams with the profile of Uruguay consistently," concluded US coach Gregg Berhalter.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend