Joao Félix: "Only if the team is going well will I become one of the best"
The Portuguese gave his first full interview since joining Atlético Madrid and after his excellent performance against Real Madrid when he dazlled at MetLife Stadium.
Joao Félix is the great white hope for Atlético Madrid. He is the most expensive signing in the club's history at €127 million at just 19 years old. Having inherited Griezmann's number 7 jersey, he dazzled against Real Madrid at MetLife Stadium.
AS will be the first publication to conduct an interview with the young Portuguese star. "Maybe I don't have my physically but I have other things that rest don't have," he explains in Orlando, Atlético's third stop on the club's tour of the United States.
During the interview, he also talks about his arrival at the club. "I am good, happy, my teammates have welcome me and helped a lot with my integeration," he says. And he also speaks about his role in the team as he tells AS he asked the manager to play further forward to do more damage.
Read the interview in full on Diario As English on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona president Bartomeu considering his future
- England Greenwood should not have been called up by England, says Solskjaer
- BUNDESLIGA Thiago pens emotive Bayern farewell as Liverpool move looms
- Mourinho blasts Spurs' schedule as a 'total joke'
- Coronavirus Scientists dismiss theory that coronavirus was developed in Chinese labs
- CORONAVIRUS How has Joe Biden proposed vaccine distribution?