Recent events make James to Atlético too complicated
The deals for Marcos Llorente and Mario Hermoso, along with the 7-3 defeat in New Jersey, leaves James to Atlético Madrid almost impossible.
The current situations of James Rodriguez and Gareth Bale are tricky. Atlético Madrid want the Colombian and Miguel Angel Gil Marin said it "would be nice" to see James playing in red and white. As it stands, however, that move is impossible especially after the 7-3 drubbing in New Jersey on Friday night.
There is too much risk involved for Florentino Perez with the very real possibility that the Colombia moves to the Wanda Metropolitano and succeeds. They have already signed a La Fabrica player directly from Madrid in Marcos Llorente and will also count on Mario Hermoso, another player developed at Real Madrid, having signed him from Espanyol.
On the Bale front, it appeared as through a deal was reached with Jiansu Suning for the Welsh attacker to play in China, but that move is off as it looks increasingly likely that Bale will stay for one more year. The relationship between between Bale and Zidane, if there ever was one, is unfixable but they are adamant that he will not leave for free.
Napoli still want James
Gil Marín also said that "everything depends on Florentino" regarding a move to Atlético but he will not allow it. Carlos Ancelotti remains keen on James and currently there is a higher chance that he ends up at Napoli next summer than anywhere else. "We like him and Madrid want to sell him," said Ancelotti as he broke it down into its simplest terms.
The problem, again, is that De Laurentiis wants him for free, in the form of a loan, and Madrid are not willing to let that happen. They want at least €45 million for the Colombian, another player who arrived at the Bernabeu for a fee much higher than what teams believe he is worth now.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mourinho mocks Real Madrid while discussing "remarkable" Gareth Bale
- Transfer market Messi set for Barcelona stay, Juve, Man Utd eye Ajax's Gravenberch
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to offer Vinicius and Isco for Paulo Dybala
- Champions League Tuchel: "Are Juventus first in the league? Are Madrid or Barcelona?"
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: how many people could lose the aid if not extended?