Carlos Vela: "I don't have any problem with Ibrahimovic"
The LAFC and MLS All-Star captain talked about his relationship with LA Galaxy captain, Zlatan Ibrahimovic now that both are sharing a locker room for the All-Star game.
The LAFC and MLS All-Star captain, Carlos Vela has one thing clear - as far as he's concerned, he has no problem whatsoever with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Vela and Zlatan are the superstars of the MLS, respective leaders of LAFC and LA Galaxy and in competition with each other to become the league top scorer.
LAFC captain Vela is often compared with Ibra - the former Arsenal and Real Sociedad forward is on course to break the single-season goals record, although Ibrahimovic is not giving up just yet and is not too far behind Vela's 22 goals.
Before the LA derby, Ibra bragged that he is a better player than Vela - something the Mexican didn't take personally. "I don't have any problem with Ibrahimovic; we'll play together, we come here to have fun," he explained.
The MLS All-Star captain also talked about how it is to share the same locker room as Zlatan. "It's good; it's a great experience to play with some of the best players in this league. We're going to be team mates these next few days; we're going to try to put MLS on a high level against Atlético and enjoy. I think this is an event where everyone enjoys themselves."
Te recomendamos en English
- PORTUGAL Cristiano reaches new milestone: 700 career goals
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham re-sign Michel Vorm as cover for injured Hugo Lloris
- VILLARREAL Giuseppe Rossi back at Villarreal
- LIGUE 1 Ligue 1: Rudy García replaces sacked Sylvinho at Lyon
- NEYMAR Neymar: PSG issue update on Brazil star's hamstring injury
- REAL MADRID Robbie Fowler: "Klopp turned down Manchester United and Real Madrid"