Ibrahimovic's tender side shown before Galaxy game ceremony
The LA Galaxy captain gets plenty of attention for his often controversial antics, but he has shown that he has a sweet side too.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has had a rough couple of days, even saying he felt hunted, and the incident during the LA derby that saw LAFC defender Mohamed El Munir end up with a facial fracture after a ball dispute didn't help his case.
Ibra is one of the most outgoing footballers, always speaking his mind, and sometimes crossing the line of arrogance, but his confidence on the field has made of him one the most important strikers of the decade.
Zlatan has played for top teams like Barcelona, Inter Milan and Manchester United, and since his arrival in the MLS, his controversial ways have taken centre stage, as he is definitely a player that is in everyone's conversations.
But not all that is Zlatan comes from the arrogant side of the Swede. He has shown he is a great lead to follow, young kids admire him, and with good reason: he's a great footballer, but he's also an example for his little fans, and now and then he shows his human side with grand gestures.
Back in April, when Los Angeles Galaxy faced Houston Dynamo, Ibrahimovic took the time to pass along a few words of wisdom to a young kid who was with him for pre-game. The boy mentioned being nervous to Zlatan, as he was standing next to his idol because, for him, it was impossible that Ibra was with him.
The LA Galaxy captain replied with a "we do it together, just enjoy the moment, enjoy!" besides giving him the flag the teams exchange each game, and right now is the perfect time to remember this side of Zlatan, so keep it up Ibra.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami