Ribéry heading for the desert
As reported by Germany’s Bild newspaper, Ribéry will sign for a club in either Saudi Arabia or Qatar and will announce his final decision this Friday.
The future of one of Bayern Munich's eternal icons finally seems to have been clarified.
After a speculated move to Eintracht of Frankfurt didn’t materialise, Franck Ribéry is now reportedly set to head to the Gulf to see out the final years of his career.
As reported by Germany’s Bild newspaper, Ribéry will sign for a club in either Saudi Arabia or Qatar and will announce his final decision this Friday. The former France international has already undergone a medical in Munich over the past few days and the only thing pending is his signature.
Bayern look to replace Ribéry-Robben wing partnership
The Bayern legend left the club in June after 425 appearances over twelve years, during which he won nine Bundesliga titles and formed part of the most dangerous wing partnerships in history alongside Arjen Robben.
The Dutchman also played his last season for Bayern but has already said he will not continue as he wanted to finish his career at the highest level. Bayern are currently looking to replace the almost unreplaceable pair, with Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry, already-in-house Kingsley Coman and Man City’s Leroy Sané being the most likely candidates.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?