Christian Pulisic grand debut ruined by Manchester United
The US international debut with Chelsea was clouded by the Red Devils at Old Trafford, as the Blues endured a tough 4-0 loss at the opening game.
Great things are expected for the player that became the youngest player to score in the Bundesliga, the youngest to score two goals in a single game in the German League; or the youngest to score for the USMNT. Pulisic has the huge task of filling Eden Hazard's shoes with the Blues, and as the most expensive American transfer player, Chelsea's fans will demand only the best from him.
However, luck was not on the 20-year-old winger side, as Chelsea began its year with a 4-0 loss against the Red Devils in Old Trafford, where the shining new Blues player started from the bench.
Pulisic jumped to the field at the 58th minute of the game and despite his efforts to lead the team, and help to create chances in attack from the right-wing. But this was not Pulisic's best game, with Manchester United increasing their lead and sinking the Blues even further minutes away from the end of the game.
Christian Pulisic didn't get his dream debut in England, but the season is just starting, having plenty of time to prove his value. This Wednesday in the European Supercup, Chelsea and Pulisic will have a new chance to start the season the right way when they face Liverpool.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year