USA announces Nations League inaugural game at Audi Field
The US men's national team will face Cuba in the inaugural game of the Concacaf Nations League on October 11th in Washington DC. It'll be the second match at Audi Field.
It's official! The US men's national team will play its inaugural CONCACAF Nations League game in Washington DC at Audi Field. October 11th is the date when the match against Cuba will take place.
The inaugural match between USA and Cuba will be the second time the US men's team has played at Audi Field after playing 24 games at RFK Stadium.
Coach Gregg Berhalter said in a statement how excited they are to be competing in the Concacaf Nations League, as it is an important opportunity to raise the level of competition.
"We are excited to be competing in the inaugural Concacaf Nations League where not only is a championship on the line but we can play meaningful games in a competitive format. We have seen how valuable the Nations League has been for Europe, and for this region, it's another important opportunity to raise the level of competition."
The United States were drawn in Group A alongside Canada and Cuba. The four group winners in League A will move onto semifinals, while the bottom teams will be relegated to League B.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"