USA announces Nations League inaugural game at Audi Field
The US men's national team will face Cuba in the inaugural game of the Concacaf Nations League on October 11th in Washington DC. It'll be the second match at Audi Field.
It's official! The US men's national team will play its inaugural CONCACAF Nations League game in Washington DC at Audi Field. October 11th is the date when the match against Cuba will take place.
The inaugural match between USA and Cuba will be the second time the US men's team has played at Audi Field after playing 24 games at RFK Stadium.
Coach Gregg Berhalter said in a statement how excited they are to be competing in the Concacaf Nations League, as it is an important opportunity to raise the level of competition.
"We are excited to be competing in the inaugural Concacaf Nations League where not only is a championship on the line but we can play meaningful games in a competitive format. We have seen how valuable the Nations League has been for Europe, and for this region, it's another important opportunity to raise the level of competition."
The United States were drawn in Group A alongside Canada and Cuba. The four group winners in League A will move onto semifinals, while the bottom teams will be relegated to League B.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
- George Floyd Al-Qaeda, ISIS, IRA...the complete list of terrorist groups in the US
- Coronavirus Stimulus checks: Plain envelopes are also official and not junk mail, IRS said
- George Floyd Protests Who is Jaylen Brown and what's his role in the George Floyd movement?