USA announces Nations League inaugural game at Audi Field
The US men's national team will face Cuba in the inaugural game of the Concacaf Nations League on October 11th in Washington DC. It'll be the second match at Audi Field.
It's official! The US men's national team will play its inaugural CONCACAF Nations League game in Washington DC at Audi Field. October 11th is the date when the match against Cuba will take place.
The inaugural match between USA and Cuba will be the second time the US men's team has played at Audi Field after playing 24 games at RFK Stadium.
Coach Gregg Berhalter said in a statement how excited they are to be competing in the Concacaf Nations League, as it is an important opportunity to raise the level of competition.
"We are excited to be competing in the inaugural Concacaf Nations League where not only is a championship on the line but we can play meaningful games in a competitive format. We have seen how valuable the Nations League has been for Europe, and for this region, it's another important opportunity to raise the level of competition."
The United States were drawn in Group A alongside Canada and Cuba. The four group winners in League A will move onto semifinals, while the bottom teams will be relegated to League B.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill