Real Madrid: Mendy pushes to feature against Valladolid
Although the French full-back is getting up to speed with the dynamics in the Madrid squad, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely.
Real Madrid's training session on Wednesday was notable for the inclusion of Ferland Mendy, who is currently pushing to be named among the squad to face Valladolid on Saturday.
Despite the left-back's recovery from injury, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely and it remains to be seen whether the Frenchman will have a part to play in Los Blancos' second game of the season, particularly given that Marcelo occupies that position and will be stationed there as Madrid play their first home game of the campaign.
Youngsters and injuries
Zidane also had Castilla players Kubo and Altube available and the called up Juvenil A keeper Luis López. In terms of Madrid's lengthy injury list, Hazard, Asensio, Brahim and Rodrygo all continue to work on their recoveries, while Mariano, for the third time this week, trained in the gym.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"