Real Madrid: Mendy pushes to feature against Valladolid
Although the French full-back is getting up to speed with the dynamics in the Madrid squad, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely.
Real Madrid's training session on Wednesday was notable for the inclusion of Ferland Mendy, who is currently pushing to be named among the squad to face Valladolid on Saturday.
Despite the left-back's recovery from injury, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely and it remains to be seen whether the Frenchman will have a part to play in Los Blancos' second game of the season, particularly given that Marcelo occupies that position and will be stationed there as Madrid play their first home game of the campaign.
Youngsters and injuries
Zidane also had Castilla players Kubo and Altube available and the called up Juvenil A keeper Luis López. In terms of Madrid's lengthy injury list, Hazard, Asensio, Brahim and Rodrygo all continue to work on their recoveries, while Mariano, for the third time this week, trained in the gym.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Abidal: "Problem with Messi? I've learned a lot of things during the past few days"
- GETAFE 2 - AJAX 0 Bordalás: "Ajax are still the favourites, no doubt about it"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Willian keen to to remain in London as Chelsea contract runs down
- BARCELONA Messi and Kluivert, previous owners of the No.19 shirt at Barcelona
- Flick relaxed about future and aiming to establish own philosophy amid Guardiola comparisons
- Europa League Getafe serve Ajax shock defeat at the Coliseum