Real Madrid: Mendy pushes to feature against Valladolid
Although the French full-back is getting up to speed with the dynamics in the Madrid squad, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely.
Real Madrid's training session on Wednesday was notable for the inclusion of Ferland Mendy, who is currently pushing to be named among the squad to face Valladolid on Saturday.
Despite the left-back's recovery from injury, Zidane is unlikely to rush players back from injury prematurely and it remains to be seen whether the Frenchman will have a part to play in Los Blancos' second game of the season, particularly given that Marcelo occupies that position and will be stationed there as Madrid play their first home game of the campaign.
Youngsters and injuries
Zidane also had Castilla players Kubo and Altube available and the called up Juvenil A keeper Luis López. In terms of Madrid's lengthy injury list, Hazard, Asensio, Brahim and Rodrygo all continue to work on their recoveries, while Mariano, for the third time this week, trained in the gym.
Te recomendamos en English
- USA NEWS Derek Chauvin and Tou Thao: who are the two cops in the George Floyd case?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: can I visit my family if they live in a different state?
- USA news Who is George Floyd and why was he arrested by Minneapolis police?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: can President Trump veto HEROES Act?