Neymar lays down his demands for Real Madrid and Barcelona
According to Spanish outlet Jugones, Neymar has already put his demands on the table, and they are considerably high even for the likes of powerhouses like Madrid and Barcelona.
Real Madrid and Barcelona continue to play out a cold war over Neymar. But amid the constant influx of rumour and speculation, neither seems close to signing the Brazilian star as of yet.
And if closing an agreement with PSG is difficult enough, pleasing Neymar will also be a task in itself. According to Spanish outlet Jugones, the player has already put his demands on the table, and they are considerably high even for the likes of powerhouses like Madrid and Barcelona.
Neymar: 35m euros plus five-year contract
Aside from demanding a five-year contract, the PSG striker wants close to 35 million euros (net) per season during that five-year period.
Another issue for Real Madrid could be how players already at the club would feel about Neymar being paid so much. However, according to Jugones, there would not be an issue in the Bernabéu dressing regarding the salary gap that would exist between Neymar and the rest of the squad, as the players would understand it is an appropriate salary for a footballing star of his calibre.
So if either Madrid or Barcelona accept Neymar’s demands, the price of the operation would skyrocket to 175 million euros in terms of wages, plus the money paid to PSG to make the transfer happen.
It would be an exorbitant amount that could have a major impact on the future transfer activity of whichever club were to sign him.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection