Nashville SC looks to Germany for its first Designated Player
The new MLS franchise is getting ready for its 2020 season debut, adding a 24-year-old attacking midfielder as its First Designated Player in the club's history.
The new MLS expansion team, Nashville SC, that will make its MLS debut alongside Beckham's Inter Miami in the 2020 season, has secured its first big European signing by acquiring German midfielder, Hany Mukhtar.
Mukhtar becomes the club's first-ever Designated Player, who will arrive at the Music City team after a reported $3 million transfer deal, on top of the $100,000 General Allocation Money to the Sounders for his rights, as reported by Sam Stejskal and Jeff Rueter of The Athletic.
Mukhtar will remain on loan with Danish team Brondby until January 2020, a place where the 24-year-old attacking midfielder already has 22 goals and 27 assists in 94 career league matches.
Mukhtar is a product of the Hertha Berlin academy, and Nashville GM Mike Jacobs praised the player in a statement that read: "Our plan for putting our roster together is about finding the 11 players who perform the best together, adding a creative playmaker like Hany Mukhtar is a huge coup. His ability to create and finish scoring chances offers our club a versatile attacking weapon who will fit naturally within the group we are putting together."
Hany Mukhtar will join Anibal Godoy, David Accam, Derrick Jones, Cameron Lancaster, and Daniel Ríos as the first players of the franchise.
"I'm really excited to be a part of Nashville SC and to help build something, I'm coming to MLS to win, and I can't wait to get started with my new teammates. All together, we will achieve big things," said Mukhtar.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?