Bob Bradley reveals what Carlos Vela told him during his outburst
The LAFC captain was subbed during El Trafico match against LA Galaxy because the Mexican captain was suffering discomfort in his right leg.
The game between LAFC and LA Galaxy lived up to expectations, with both teams giving their all on the pitch: Zlatan Ibrahimovic shone, scoring a double in less than 15 minutes, while Carlos Vela scored the goal that saved the draw for his team.
However, Bob Bradley's side suffered a blow when captain Carlos Vela had to be subbed in the 61st minute due to leg discomfort and although Vela was not happy with his coach's decision to remove him, the LAFC coach was never going to risk his star player.
"Obviously, he's a huge competitor, so he's not too happy when he comes off, but we're not going to take a bigger risk and leave him out there when we know by the reaction, he felt a little something," said Bradley..
Los Angeles FC coach also mentioned the possible injury his striker felt, involving his right hamstring, and although Bradley didn't speculate on the severity he did say Vela would get an MRI.
The American strategist also talked about the conversation he had with his captain once he came out of the field, "the conversation with Carlos is what you'd expect, 'no I wanted to stay on, and I said, 'I know you did.' I made the decision because tonight, I think it's the best one for us, so that's it," Bob Bradley concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?