USA internationals learn UEFA Europa League fate
The UEFA Europa League group stage draw took place on Friday and a number of American players found out they and their clubs will be facing in the tournament.
On Thursday, the US internationals who will be involved in this season's Champions League found out which teams their clubs will be facing in the group stage and on Friday, the opponents of American players whose clubs are taking part in the UEFA Europa League teams was revealed.
Romain Gall, Timothy Chandler, Matt Polster, John Brooks, Fabian Johnson, and Tyler Boyd are the Americans representing the United States in this season's Europa League.
Romain Gall's Malmo landed in Group B with Dynamo Kiev, Copenhagen, and Lugano.
Matt Polster's Rangers were drawn into Group E alongside Porto, Feyenoord, and Young Boys.
As fo the Americans based in Germany, Timothy Chandler with Eintracht Frankfurt are in Group F with Arsenal, Standard Liege and Vitoria Guimaraes. John Brooks with Wolfsburg are in Group I alongside Gent, Saint-Étienne and Oleksandriya, while Fabian Johnson who plays with Borussia Mönchengladbach, are in Group J with Roma, Basaksehir, and Wolfsberger.
Last but not least Tyler Boyd, recent arrival at Besiktas will play in Group K with Sporting Braga, Wolverhampton and Slovan Bratislava.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas