USA stars take over Champions League Group H
Thursday's Champions League draw produced one of the more interesting groups wioth with Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille drawn together, clubs with US players in their ranks.
Thursday's Champions League draw left Europe's elite clearer about which teams they will be facing on the road to Istanbul.
What possibly few expected was that the Americans would take over Group H as Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille were all drawn together alongside Valencia, which means that at least one US player will reach the knockout stage of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League.
Tyler Adams, the other US international present in the Champions League sides, was left out of the 'American' group. His RB Leipzig was drawn in Group G, with Zenit, Benfica, and Lyon.
If Adams' side reaches the next phase, we could have more American players to keep an eye on, and the possibility of a clash between international team mates. For now, we'll have to settle for the least six confirmed games where the USMNT men will battle it out for a spot in the knockout stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia