USA stars take over Champions League Group H
Thursday's Champions League draw produced one of the more interesting groups wioth with Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille drawn together, clubs with US players in their ranks.
Thursday's Champions League draw left Europe's elite clearer about which teams they will be facing on the road to Istanbul.
What possibly few expected was that the Americans would take over Group H as Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille were all drawn together alongside Valencia, which means that at least one US player will reach the knockout stage of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League.
Tyler Adams, the other US international present in the Champions League sides, was left out of the 'American' group. His RB Leipzig was drawn in Group G, with Zenit, Benfica, and Lyon.
If Adams' side reaches the next phase, we could have more American players to keep an eye on, and the possibility of a clash between international team mates. For now, we'll have to settle for the least six confirmed games where the USMNT men will battle it out for a spot in the knockout stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane, Ramos' Champions League press conference
- REAL MADRID - MANCHESTER CITY Real Madrid: Zidane's Bale or Isco dilemma for Manchester City
- QATAR 2022 Portugal, Belgium, Switzerland and Croatia to play in Doha
- REAL MADRID Kroos opens up on transfer talks with Man United, Liverpool
- REAL MADRID-MANCHESTER CITY Real Madrid: Bale makes Zidane's City squad but James misses out
- Woodward promises to continue Man Utd rebuild with Solskjaer at the helm