USA stars take over Champions League Group H
Thursday's Champions League draw produced one of the more interesting groups wioth with Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille drawn together, clubs with US players in their ranks.
Thursday's Champions League draw left Europe's elite clearer about which teams they will be facing on the road to Istanbul.
What possibly few expected was that the Americans would take over Group H as Chelsea, Ajax, and Lille were all drawn together alongside Valencia, which means that at least one US player will reach the knockout stage of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League.
Tyler Adams, the other US international present in the Champions League sides, was left out of the 'American' group. His RB Leipzig was drawn in Group G, with Zenit, Benfica, and Lyon.
If Adams' side reaches the next phase, we could have more American players to keep an eye on, and the possibility of a clash between international team mates. For now, we'll have to settle for the least six confirmed games where the USMNT men will battle it out for a spot in the knockout stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Denis Zakaria: Bayern, Dortmund, AC Milan after Gladbach star
- LIVERPOOL Sadio Mané: "Why would I want 10 Ferraris? How would that help me or the world?"
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Barcelona - Real Madrid, yet another victim
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane provides the antidote to the 'FIFA virus'
- JUVENTUS Cristiano Ronaldo continues to play King Midas at Juventus
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID EL Clásico: Barça open to date change but won't play in Madrid