Ahead of El Superclásico: River and Boca head-to-head
The 249th Superclásico meeting between the Argentine giants will kick-off at El Monumental in Nuñez (Buenos Aires) at 22:00 CEST.
Sunday's Superliga Argentina meeting between River and Boca will be the first meeting since the 2018 Copa Libertadores final which was ultimately staged in Madrid after violent incidents dogged the return leg of the game in Buenos Aires.
Marcelo Gallardo's River were victorious on that fresh December Madrid night and Boca will be anxious to avenge that painful defeat in the only domestic league meeting between both Argentine giants this season.
The game is also a precursor to the Copa Libertadores 2019 semi-final where 'Millonarios' and 'Xeneizes' will go head to head once again with a berth in the Santiago final at stake.
River Plate and Boca first met in 1913 with a River away win (1-2) in La Boca. To date both sides gave faced each other on 248 occasions with Boca winning 88, River victorious on 82 times and 78 games ending in stalemate.
Of these 248 meetings, 210 have taken place in the Argentine top flight with Boca edging out their neighbours from Nuñez 77-69 with 64 draws.
Te recomendamos en English
- HALLOWEEN 2021 How to create the perfect DIY Squid Games Halloween costumes: doll, guards, participants…
- NEW JERSEY ELECTION 2021 Who is running for governor in New Jersey?
- NFL New Orleans Saints vs Seattle Seahawks live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- NFL Packers WR Davante Adams placed on covid-19 reserve list
- NFL Eagles trade veteran QB Flacco back to Jets
- NFL Bears coach Nagy tests positive for covid