Is the MLS Javier Mascherano's new destiny?
The former Barcelona star, who currently plays in the Chinese Super League with Hebei China Fortune will leave the Asian club for the United States.
The golden generation, those stars we grew up watching and admiring, players that became an essential part of our weekends, have reached that time when they start leaving top-flight clubs. They swap clubs of the ilk of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético Madrid to try things out in China or the United States.
Javier Mascherano, affectionately known as 'El Jefesito' (the little boss) moved to the Chinese Super League in January 2018, joining Hebei China Fortune after defending Barcelona's colours for almost a decade, and now, his destiny seems to be in the territory of Uncle Sam, according to TNT Sports Argentina.
Mascherano is reported to arrive in the MLS in the winter transfer window when his contract with the Chinese side club comes to an end in December. The 35-year old will aim to prove himself in a league that is growing and adds to the big names already there like Zlatan, Rooney and Nani to name just a few.
Which MSL club to join?
Beckham's side and Nashville are seeking to add to their big-name reference, while Galaxy and the Five Stripes are clubs known to invest a vast amount of money in high-quality players, regardless of the economic side. But if Mascherano wants to live in Los Angeles or Atlanta, those teams would need to review their Designated Players, as both are on the limit established by the US league.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement