Draft date for Inter Miami and Nashville SC confirmed
The MLS Expansion Draft day has been announced, where David Beckham and his MLS team will complete its roster in time for their 2020 debut season.
The date has been set for the next Expansion Draft, as announced by the Major League Soccer through a statement, where Inter Miami and Nashville SC will be able to choose up to five players on November 19th, in order to be ready for their 2020 debut season.
Both clubs will choose five players from the 24 MLS teams, which can protect 12 of their players, so the new MLS franchises do not pick them. The complete players' list for the draft will be revealed on November 16th.
Inter Miami CF, Nashville SC to select up to five players during 2019 MLS Expansion Draft on Nov. 19 https://t.co/lwGEjAuFk9— MLS Communications (@MLS_PR) September 19, 2019
The US league also published the five different acquisition methods which will be determined on October 6th, one day after the regular season ends and when the MLS Priority Draft will take place under the following mechanisms.
MLS Expansion Priority Draft selection points
1. No.1 pick in 2019 MLS Expansion Draft
2. No.1 pick in 2020 MLS SuperDraft
3. No.1 position in Allocation Ranking Order
4. Penultimate position in MLS Re-Entry and End-of-Year Waiver Order
5. Penultimate position in Discovery Player Ranking
A coin toss will decide which team will get the first pick of the Expansion Draft also on October 6th, following the first selection, teams will alternate through subsequent picks until all roster points are chosen.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim