Inter Miami eyeing Santiago Solari for coaching position
According to rumours, the Argentinean coach is the front runner to take the reins of David Beckham's new club, to become Inter Miami's first coach.
Rumors surrounding the vacant positions at Inter Miami are coming in thick and fast, with names like Messi, Cavani, Ancelotti being touted as possible arrivals for the new MLS franchise, and joining those names, is former Real Madrid player and coach, Santiago Solari.
According to Carlos Suarez and DIRECTVSports, the Argentine coach is the leading candidate for the coaching job at David Beckham's team, with the board picking Solari for his experience with the Spanish giants.
Solari has a great career backing him up, debuting as a professional footballer with River Plate to later make the jump abroad, where he joined Atlético de Madrid, Real Madrid and Inter Milan, setting his mark in all the clubs before going back to Argentina with San Lorenzo. He also played in Mexico with Atlante and with Uruguayan side, Peñarol.
His coaching career started in 2016 when he became Real Madrid Castilla coach; he stayed with the reserves until 2018 when he was appointed the first-team coach. With Real Madrid was in charge for 32 games and a record of 22 victories, two draws, and eight defeats.
The key to Santiago Solari's arrival with the Florida side is co-owner, David Beckham as both know each other for their time together with Los Blancos between 2003 and 2005. Beckham could certainly convince Solari to join the Inter Miami project.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side