Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez aming to playoffs
Frank de Boer talked to the media after Atlanta United Monday morning training session assuring Martinez's injury is not as bad as it looked like, been set day-to-day.
Frank de Boer hopes around Josef's injury were low as he was expecting the worse; however, on Sunday night, ESPN analyst, Taylor Twellman gave an optimistic turn by reporting Martinez could be out weeks instead of months.
All eyes are focused on Josef Martinez recovery timetable, as not only the Five Stripes striker is a fundamental piece in De Boer's system, but he's also in the race for the Golden Boot against Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Carlos Vela.
Atlanta Journal Constitution's Doug Roberson said Martinez would be sidelined several weeks, but he'll be back in time for the MLS playoffs that will kick off on October 19th.
Frank de Boer updated Martinez situation after Monday morning training session without mentioning a specific timetable, but he did say there isn't ligament damage or anything broken in his knee.
"Hopefully, he can return quicker than we expected; we are working day-to-day," stated the Dutch coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win