Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez aming to playoffs
Frank de Boer talked to the media after Atlanta United Monday morning training session assuring Martinez's injury is not as bad as it looked like, been set day-to-day.
Frank de Boer hopes around Josef's injury were low as he was expecting the worse; however, on Sunday night, ESPN analyst, Taylor Twellman gave an optimistic turn by reporting Martinez could be out weeks instead of months.
All eyes are focused on Josef Martinez recovery timetable, as not only the Five Stripes striker is a fundamental piece in De Boer's system, but he's also in the race for the Golden Boot against Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Carlos Vela.
Atlanta Journal Constitution's Doug Roberson said Martinez would be sidelined several weeks, but he'll be back in time for the MLS playoffs that will kick off on October 19th.
Frank de Boer updated Martinez situation after Monday morning training session without mentioning a specific timetable, but he did say there isn't ligament damage or anything broken in his knee.
"Hopefully, he can return quicker than we expected; we are working day-to-day," stated the Dutch coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- THE SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: fan groups call out club greed
- OSCARS 2021 What 2021 Oscar Nominees are available on what streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video)?
- SUPER LEAGUE Super League? But what happens with the Champions League?
- NBA Nets to determine severity of Durant injury after defeat to Heat
- Gun violence Texas shooting: who is the suspect identified by the police?