Atlanta United cast doubt on Josef Martinez injury
Josef Martinez endured a hard collision during last weekend match against the San Jose Earthquakes, leaving the field on a stretcher and a probable season-ending injury.
Josef Martinez endured a potential season-ending injury during the weekend, after colliding with teammate 'Pity' Martinez in the game against San Jose Earthquakes.
Latest reports have set Josef's injury as weeks rather than months with Atlanta United coach, Frank de Boer, mentioning the striker is working "day-to-day," and with the game against New York City FC this Wednesday, the Five Stripes have categorized Martinez as "questionable" in its notes.
Frank de Boer said on Monday, Josef Martinez would likely miss at least one game, but the striker questionable status could mean he could miss more than just one game.
New York City FC vs Atlanta United
Wednesday's game has massive implication for both sides, with the Five Stripes hoping to set themselves atop the Eastern Conference standings ahead of NYCFC for a first-round playoff bye besides clinching home-field advantage throughout the East bracket.
Te recomendamos en English
- Brazil vs Argentina Brazil vs Argentina: most valuable starting XIs
- Brazil Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: Pelé picks his preferred partner
- Barcelona Barcelona: Luis Suárez says Camp Nou need to find a new striker
- PSG Mbappé: PSG star to ignore Real Madrid and stay in Paris
- International football Maradona, Pelé: Brazil Argentina all-time best combined XI
- International Friendly Gaza violence puts Argentina-Uruguay friendly under threat