Josef Martinez picks up his third Player of the Week award
The Atlanta United striker receives the POTW award after scoring twice during the MLS week 29 double session despite leaving Saturday's match injured.
Josef Martinez would probably like to forget all about MLS Week 29 after he suffered a scary knee injury that could have meant the end of the season for him, but despite it all, the Atlanta United striker picked up the Player of the Week award, his third of the season.
Martinez' two goals in the midweek game against FC Cincinnati earned him the award, extending his scoring streak to 15 games.
During the 3-1 victory over San Jose Earthquakes, Josef failed to get on the scoreboard putting an end to his consecutive games scoring run, and had to leave the game in a stretcher after colliding with a teammate. That knee injury will have him out of action for several weeks, but he'll be back in time for the post-season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes