Josef Martinez picks up his third Player of the Week award
The Atlanta United striker receives the POTW award after scoring twice during the MLS week 29 double session despite leaving Saturday's match injured.
Josef Martinez would probably like to forget all about MLS Week 29 after he suffered a scary knee injury that could have meant the end of the season for him, but despite it all, the Atlanta United striker picked up the Player of the Week award, his third of the season.
Martinez' two goals in the midweek game against FC Cincinnati earned him the award, extending his scoring streak to 15 games.
During the 3-1 victory over San Jose Earthquakes, Josef failed to get on the scoreboard putting an end to his consecutive games scoring run, and had to leave the game in a stretcher after colliding with a teammate. That knee injury will have him out of action for several weeks, but he'll be back in time for the post-season.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020