Chris Wondolowski sees first red card of 15-year career
The San Jose Earthquakes striker will miss Wednesday night's vital match against Philadelphia Union after seeing the first red card of his career in the 3-1 loss to Atlanta United.
Now, the all-time top MLS scorer has broken his own record, as the 36-year-old striker was shown the first red card in all of his 15-year career.
Wondo saw a red card from the bench during the 3-1 loss against Atlanta United, meaning he'll miss a crucial Western Conference game, which is why Wondolowski is urging supporters to join him in the stands this coming Wednesday.
Wondolowski will miss the midweek match against Philadelphia Union, where the Quakes will seek to cling onto seventh place in the standings to stay above the play-off line.
San Jose will host Philly at Avaya Stadium this Wednesday, September 24, at 11 pm ET, with Wondo cheering from the stands along with the San Jose Ultras.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP