Frank Lampard asks for patience with Christian Pulisic
Lampard sees plenty of potential with the US international, and knows that with patience, Pulisic could turn out to become Eden Hazard's successor.
The pressure on Christian Pulisic increases every time his name is mentioned, not just because he's been tipped to be Eden Hazard's successor but because also because he is the only new arrival at Chelsea because of the FIFA transfer ban. Pulisic had a slow start to life in London, and even though he has shown glimpses of talent and quality, there's a lot of expectation on him.
Pulisic began as a regular starter under Frank Lampard but he has lost his place in the team for Chelsea's most recent league matches and only returned to the line-up for Wednesday's EFL Carabao Cup game against Grimsby Town although he didn't get on the scoresheet in the 7-1 win.
Despite Pulisic's lack of playing time, Lampard sees plenty of potential in him, knowing he still needs more time to adjust to his new surroundings, and with patience, he could l eventually become Hazard's successor. "It's normal to have an adaptation. Pulisic has shown some good moments. We must give him a bit of time to adapt because of youth, change of league, and living. They are all different, have different pathways."
Lampard's faith in youth
The Chelsea manager has faith in his younger players and their role at the club. "They all seemed very comfortable against Grimsby. It was a different game to a Premier League game, but they are confident lads. They have every grounding and base needed."
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win