Paul Pogba wants to leave United in January - reports
According to newspaper reports in the UK, the French midfielder isn't happy at Manchester United and doesn't want to sign a new contract with the club.
Paul Pogba isn't happy in Manchester and his plan is to leave United in the winter transfer window - at least that is how one UK newspaper is describing the French midfielder's situation. Pogba was Zidane's number one priority over the summer but the transfer didn't come to fruition. The player is convinced that this season he could finally make the move to Madrid - in spite of United's point-blank refusal to sell him.
New United deal fails to convince Pogba
Reports in England claim that Pogba has no intention of signing a new deal with United - with whom he is under contract until 2021. After winning the World Cup with France, his next objective is to win the Champions League. Being in the Europa League with United is a source of frustration for him which is why he is keen to move to a club which has the chance to be crowned European champions. Knowing that Madrid are eager to bring him to the Bernabéu has made him even more anxious. Reports also suggest that Pogba isn't happy with coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who he feels let him down by persuading him to remain part of a project which hasn't taken off.
However, while Pogba maybe feeling despondent, reaching a deal with Madrid would be anything but easy as Manchester United have place a 200 million euro price tag on him and at the moment, that is a price that the Spanish giants cannot afford to pay.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?