Injured Dembélé misses Barcelona clash at Getafe
Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde is without Ousmane Dembélé for their clash with Getafe after the forward picked up a thigh injury.
Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele has picked up a thigh injury, which ruled him out of Saturday's LaLiga clash at Getafe.
The France international, 22, will undergo further tests by Barcelona's medical staff to determine the extent of the injury.
Dembele's absence depleted Ernesto Valverde's attacking options, the head coach having already been shorn of Argentina forward Lionel Messi, who has a thigh problem.
Valverde started with a front three of Antoine Griezmann, Luis Suarez and Carles Perez against Getafe as he made two changes from the 2-1 midweek win over Villarreal.
Perez took Messi's place up front while Nelsinho was replaced in midfield by Frenkie de Jong.
Barça XI#GetafeBarça— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 28, 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash