Injured Dembélé misses Barcelona clash at Getafe
Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde is without Ousmane Dembélé for their clash with Getafe after the forward picked up a thigh injury.
Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele has picked up a thigh injury, which ruled him out of Saturday's LaLiga clash at Getafe.
The France international, 22, will undergo further tests by Barcelona's medical staff to determine the extent of the injury.
Dembele's absence depleted Ernesto Valverde's attacking options, the head coach having already been shorn of Argentina forward Lionel Messi, who has a thigh problem.
Valverde started with a front three of Antoine Griezmann, Luis Suarez and Carles Perez against Getafe as he made two changes from the 2-1 midweek win over Villarreal.
Perez took Messi's place up front while Nelsinho was replaced in midfield by Frenkie de Jong.
Barça XI#GetafeBarça— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 28, 2019
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?