Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the MLS' highest-earning player
The LA Galaxy captain is still the highest-paid player after the MLS Players Association revealed the players' salaries, with the Swede striker being atop the table.
The Major League Soccer is known to open its doors to high-rated players year after year, with top-flight names arriving from the best leagues around the world, the 2019 season was no exception.
The MLS Players Association revealed the players' salaries, with some of them being above the rest of the league, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, leading the list as the highest-paid player.
The LA Galaxy captain, who arrived from Manchester United, receives an annual base salary with guaranteed compensations of 7.2 million dollars to stand atop the table.
The MLS top five highest-paid players in the 2019 season are as follows:
The Toronto FC midfielder is the second highest-earning player in MLS with a $6 million salary and 6.5 million dollars total compensation.
The Toronto FC forward is the third highest-earning player in the US league with a $4.9 million salary and $6.3 million total compensation.
The LAFC captain and current MLS top scorer is the fourth highest-earning player with a salary of 4.5 million dollars and a $6.3 million total compensation.
The German midfielder that currently plays with Chicago Fire completes the top five table with a 5.6 million dollars total with salary and compensation.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?