Zidane critical of Real Madrid's first half against Brugge
The Real Madrid coach said he was disappointed about going down 2-0 by half-time but happy with the reaction of his side to take a point from the Champions League match.
Zinedine Zidane spoke after Real Madrid's 2-2 draw against Brugge at the Bernabéu in Group A of the Champions League, and accepted the first half had been a disaster for his side, although he admitted to being pleased with the reaction of his side to come back to earn an important point.
A 2-2 draw against Brugge at home?
It's a bad result, but the reaction was good. I can't be happy with the first half. We've never had a 45 minutes like that, but I'll take the reaction. At the end of the day I'm not happy with one point - we should have had three - but I'm happy with the reaction.
How do you explain the first half?
You've seen the goal we gave away - it was a bit of a joke. It's not that we started badly but then we didn't concentrate when the opposition were able to hurt us. When they score first they grow in confidence, we fell away a bit and the second goal happened. In the end I'd rather think about the second 45. We can't be happy, but you need to always think about the positive.
We've got 45 minutes to change this, if we don't change anything we'll lose the match. And I think they changed it, how they got stuck in, their attitude, the feeling of wanting to win the match.
Tiny margin of error in the Champions League
We'll see. Now we've got a Liga game on Saturday and we'll see in the next Champions League game. We're in a slightly worse situation, it's not changed much, but we'll keep going.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What businesses accept payment with cryptocurrencies in the US?
- NFL How many times have the Los Angeles Rams reached the NFC NFL Conference Finals?
- NFL How many times have Cincinnati Bengals reached AFC Championship Game?
- SOCCER Cristiano Ronaldo complains about market valuation and asks for an explanation
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Spotify seal deal for Camp Nou naming rights
- 'I thought I was dreaming!' – Warriors star Wiggins reacts to All-Star selection