Martin Ødegaard eyed as Mesut Özil's Arsenal replacement
Reports in Spain state that there are a number of top-level clubs keeping tabs on how Real Madrid decide to manage the future of their loan star.
Martin Ødegaard has been catching the eye in spectacular fashion in the early part of this season's LaLiga. And that form appears to have some big-name Premier League clubs, and others, interested in acquiring his services.
Ødegaard for Özil
Still on the books of Real Madrid, the now-20-year old returned to Spain for this campaign after spells abroad but remained out on loan, this time with Real Sociedad. The Basque fans are getting to see the ability of the so-called teenage sensation when he was first snapped up by Los Blancos and, according to El Desmarque, this now has Arsenal boss Unai Emery casting some admiring glances in his direction.
With Mesut Özil seen to be surplus to requirements at the Emirates, the Norwegian is reported to be the ideal replacement. Whether the London club can find someone to take on all, or part, of the German's £350,000-a-week salary is another matter, as is the question of convincing the Spanish giants to let go a youngster that they invested much in.
If he doesn't form part of Zidane's plans - assuming that the French coach remains in charge - Arsenal can expect to be paying upwards of 70-million euros to secure the midfielder's signature.
The Spanish site also states that Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan and Atlético Madrid are keeping their eye close to the situation, while Pep Guardiola may pounce given the opportunity, as he looks to find a long-term replacement at Man City for the soon-to-depart David Silva.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?