Man pleads guilty to attempted robbery of Özil and Kolasinac
Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac were targeted in an incident in July. One of the men charged pleaded guilty on Thursday.
A man has admitted attempting to rob Arsenal players Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac.
Ashley Smith appeared via video link at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday and pleaded guilty to attempted robbery.
Smith, 30, has been remanded in custody and will be sentenced by Judge Sheelagh Canavan at the same court on November 1.
Co-defendant Jordan Northover, 26 of West Yorkshire, is due to appear before magistrates on Friday, having also been charged with attempted robbery and threatening a person with an offensive weapon in a public area.
Arsenal pair targeted in London attack in July
Özil and Kolasinac were targeted in an incident on Platts Lane, Hampstead, north-west London on July 25.
The duo missed Arsenal's opening game of the Premier League season at Newcastle United due to fears over their security after the incident.
Kolasinac has started the Gunners' past four top-flight matches, although Özil has only made two senior appearances in all competitions so far this term.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Asensio magic sets up Spain's Olympic final showdown with Brazil
- SOCCER Van Gaal named Netherlands head coach for third time
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest
- NBA Carmelo to join LeBron and the Lakers
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record