Real Madrid: Hazard wants more after first goal for LaLiga club
Eden Hazard hopes his goal against Granada was the first of many for Real Madrid.
Eden Hazard was relieved to finally score his first Real Madrid goal in Saturday's 4-2 LaLiga win over Granada.
Hazard netted his first goal since arriving at Madrid for 100 million euros from Chelsea in June and also provided an assist as Zinedine Zidane's men pulled four points clear at the top.
"I hope to score lots of goals for this great club"
The Belgium international was pleased to get on the scoresheet and the attacker hopes it is the first of many for the LaLiga giants.
"I am pleased with the win, when you play you want to score, but the crucial thing was getting the win. We are still top of the league, that was our aim," Hazard told Real Madrid TV.
"It's always difficult to get that first goal but once you get it, you have greater confidence to shoot and I hope to score lots of goals for this great club. It was important for me to score.
"It was a really hard-fought win because Granada played really well, they're a strong side and that's why they're second in LaLiga, but we gave our all throughout the 90 minutes and won the game.
"There's always room for improvement but that's three important points."
Benzema, Modric and James also on target in win
Karim Benzema, Luka Modric and James Rodríguez also scored for Madrid, who were pegged back from 3-0 up to 3-2 before closing out their victory.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end