Heavy defeat to Liverpool could see United call time on Solskjaer
The latest reports suggest Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's time at Manchester United is running out with the outcome of the Liverpool game key.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be concerned that one more significant defeat could see him sacked as Manchester United manager.
Although Ed Woodward has given his backing to the former striker and insisted the club has faith in their longer-term plan, it seems the loss to Newcastle United on Sunday has caused particular concern.
The Daily Mail and the Mirror claim executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward was very concerned by the manner of the 1-0 defeat to Newcastle United, despite giving the manager public support.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fears the axe if Man United suffer heavy home defeat in next Premier League match against bitter rivals Liverpool https://t.co/Mvh9CrvSuX— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) October 7, 2019
It is suggested Woodward could choose to dismiss Solskjaer if United are beaten heavily by league leaders Liverpool on October 20 - much as Jose Mourinho was sacked after a 3-1 loss at Anfield last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7