Zlatan: two and half years without a title at LA Galaxy
Since he arrived in MLS from Manchester United, the Swede has not got his hands on any silverware but will look to the Playoffs to end his drought.
The MLS Playoffs will start on 19 October and among the teams looking to get their hands on the MLS Cup are LA Galaxy, where Zlatan Ibrahimovic has spent the last two and half years attempting to add to his haul of career titles so far without success.
Galaxy have not lifted the trophy since 2014 and year-on-year add more star players to the club’s ranks, adding extra expectations of success. Despite maintaining his incredible scoring rate in the USA – Ibrahimovic has bagged 52 goals in 56 league games for the club – the last time the Swede added a piece of silverware to his mantelpiece was in May 2017, when Manchester United won the Europa League at the expense of one of his former clubs, Ajax.
LAFC and Vela lie in wait if Galaxy beat Minnesota
Ibrahimovic arrived in LA in 2018 but could not fire his side to the Playoffs. This season, Galaxy have the opportunity to compete for the title, with Minnesota United first up before a potential clash with city rivals LAFC, where Carlos Vela plies his trade. The Mexican pipped Ibrahimovic to the MLS Golden Boot (awarded for goals scored during the regular season) and the Swede will be out for a measure of revenge if Galaxy get past Minnesota at the Allianz Field in St. Paul. Games are one-leg affairs and Galaxy will not enjoy home advantage as Minnesota are the higher-ranked side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- USMNT Weston McKennie scores after facing fine for covid-19 breach
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker