Paco Alcácer back training with Dortmund after calf injury
Paco Alcácer has scored five goals in six league appearances this season and could soon be back in action after suffering a double injury.
Borussia Dortmund have been boosted by Paco Alcácer's return to training following his recovery from a double injury. The Spain striker, who has scored five goals in six Bundesliga appearances for Lucien Favre's men this season, has been sidelined for almost a month with Achilles tendon and calf muscle problems.
Cup return for Alcácer?
Alcácer's most recent appearance came in Dortmund's 2-2 draw at home to Werder Bremen, but he participated in Sunday's training session, although the club would not confirm a date for his return to action. That could potentially come against Borussia Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal on Wednesday or, should that game come too soon, when Favre's side face Wolfsburg at home in the Bundesliga on Saturday.
Dortmund missing Alcácer's goals
Alcácer's involvement would provide some much-needed firepower to a team that have scored just once in their past three outings.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game