Zidane: Mbappe's dream is to play for Real Madrid
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane said he knows Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe dreams of playing for Los Blancos.
Zinedine Zidane is well aware Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé's "dream" is to play for Real Madrid.
Mbappé scored 33 goals in 29 Ligue 1 appearances for PSG in 2018-19 but stated during the close season he was open to "a new project".
Former Monaco vice-president Vadim Vasilyev this week claimed the World Cup-winning attacker told him he moved to the French capital in 2017 because it was "too early" for him to make the switch to the Santiago Bernabéu.
Asked if he thinks Mbappé will play for Madrid in the future, Zidane told a news conference: "I don't know, it's the player who decides.
"At the moment he plays for Paris Saint-Germain, we'll see in the future if that changes. I know he always said his dream is to play for Real Madrid."
Madrid's transfer strategy revolves around the player stalling on renewing a PSG deal that expires in 2022, in the process paving the way for a swoop either next summer or the following year, at which point he will be entering the last 12 months of his contract.
Madrid will meet PSG in their penultimate Champions League Group A game on November 26, but Thomas Tuchel's side could be out of reach in top spot by that point if they beat Club Brugge and Los Blancos draw with Galatasaray on Wednesday.
"We're always happy to play at home but there's a responsibility as well because it's a Champions League match and we want to play a good game and for that we have to be well prepared," Zidane said of Gala's impending visit.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history