Ramsey scores after Guilherme drops Cristiano Ronaldo's free-kick
Juventus went into the lead after three minutes of their Champions League game against Lokomotiv Moscow.
Cristiano Ronaldo thought he'd opened the scoring for Juventus after three minutes in their early Champions League match against Lokomotiv Moscow on Wednesday evening, when his well hit free-kick from out on the left squirmed through Guilherme's grasp and trundled behind the keeper. Had it gone in it would have been the Juve forward's 128th Champions League goal.
Ramsey opens his Juventus Champions League account
The goal however was awarded to Juve's Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey, who was following up perfectly and stabbed the ball just as it was about to cross the line. Replays showed he made contact before the entire ball was over the line. That didn't stop many commentators, in particular replying to Juventus' own tweet, claiming the goal should have been Ronaldo's.
Ramsey's goal is his second for Juventus, with his opener coming against Verona on 21 September this year. Ronaldo did celebrate the goal.
Lokomotiv's quick reply
Lokomotiv levelled after 11 minutes of the match, with Miranchuk making it 1-1 from a rebound that left everyone wrong-footed except for him.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?