Zidane recalls Vinicius but Jovic out of Real Madrid squad for Eibar trip
The Real Madrid manager welcomes Vinicius back into the fold along with Brahim but he has left Jovic, Mariano and Odriozola out for their trip to Eibar.
Zinedine Zidane released his squad list for Saturday against Eibar and Vinicius returns to the fold with Brahim while Jovic has been left behind. The Brazilian played the first five games of the season and has only participated sparingly in five of the last 10.
He has lost his place to Rodrygo, who has caught fire in recent weeks. At Eibar, Vinicius might be in with a shout to play after being left out of the squad for the Galatasaray game in the Champions League during the week. He was also left out of the squad for Leganés but did make the cut against Real Betis. With 432 minutes in 15 games this season, he has only scored one goal. Rodrygo, on the other hand, has scored five in 370.
Vinicius is back and so is Brahim. The teenager made his debut against Mallorca but has played a very small role so far. They are the two player included from the midweek game while Odriozola, Mariano and Jovic have been left out. The Serbian is not injured but has been excluded by Zidane as his slow start to life at Madrid continues.
James and Bale are not in the squad list either after Zidane confirmed that they are not injured but are not available either. Nacho, Marcelo, who was substituted on Wednesday agaisnt Galatasaray, and Asensio are all out injured.
Real Madrid's squad list for Eibar:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militão, Ramos, Varane and Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and Isco.
Attackers: Hazard, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Brahim, Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid