McTominay injury, a big concern for United boss Solskjaer
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer discussed injuries to Scott McTominay and Harry Maguire ahead of Sunday's visit from Brighton and Hove Albion.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed Scott McTominay suffered an ankle injury in Manchester United's win over Partizan Belgrade, while he played down concerns over Harry Maguire.
United progress in the Europa League
United booked their spot in the Europa League last 32 thanks to last night's 3-0 win,with Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford all on the scoresheet. McTominay came off during the second half of the victory due to an ankle injury, while Maguire was also a worry. But while he has fewer worries about Maguire, United manager Solskjaer confirmed some concerns surrounding McTominay.
"I think Harry will be okay. He finished the game anyway," he told MUTV. "Scott is more of a concern, so let's see how he recovers in the next few days. He said he was going to be okay out on the pitch and he said 'I'll be fine'. He's tough, but he had to come off. I hope he'll recover for Sunday, but I don't know. Inside of his ankle. I think he went over on his ankle."
Brighton visit Old Trafford
Sitting 10th in the Premier League table, United host Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday. The win over Partizan gave Solskjaer's men a boost and the performance of his young attack featuring Greenwood, Rashford and Martial was particularly pleasing for the manager.
"The reason we put the three of them together is that we know they are a dangerous trio, with players behind them who can provide chances," he said. "Well done to Mason for a very, very calm finish. He was composed and waited for the keeper. The second one was from Anthony and was probably the skill of the night. Then it was great to see Marcus finishing with his left foot. He will get into those positions quite often in a game. For him to go on the outside, on his left, it is not great for defenders to see. It is good for us because he can go inside on his right and then finish with his left."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August