Waldschmidt: Germany forward suffers multiple injuries
Freiburg forward Luca Waldschmidt was left concussed following a heavy collision in Germany's win over Belarus.
Luca Waldschmidt suffered injuries to his face, knee and ankle in a seven-minute cameo against Belarus and will miss Germany's final Euro 2020 qualifier.
The Freiburg forward was taken to hospital after colliding with Belarus goalkeeper Aleksandr Gutor at Borussia Park on Thursday.
Tests confirmed Waldschmidt sustained a concussion among multiple impact injuries, according to a German Football Association (DFB) statement.
"Luca Waldschmidt suffered a mid-facial fracture and concussion, as well as an injury to his right knee and ankle during Germany's 4-0 victory over Belarus on Saturday evening," the statement read.
"The DFB and Freiburg's medical departments will carry out further examinations in due course.
"The 23-year-old, who replaced Serge Gnabry in the 84th minute of the game, will travel back to Freiburg from the national team headquarters in Dusseldorf [on Sunday]."
Luca #Waldschmidt suffered a midfacial fracture and concussion, as well as an injury to his right knee and ankle during last night's match. He will undergo further tests in Freiburg.— Germany (@DFB_Team_EN) November 17, 2019
Get well soon, Luca! #DieMannschaft #GERBLR pic.twitter.com/73kPNA03Qw
Waldschmidt was taken off in the first minute of added time and will not be involved when Germany entertain Northern Ireland on Tuesday.
The match is effectively a dead rubber for Joachim Löw's men, who sealed qualification for Euro 2020 and went top of Group C thanks to their victory over Belarus.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth