Gareth Bale starts for Wales after Real Madrid disappearing act
The Welsh winger was thrown back into the action by Ryan Giggs on Tuesday night against Hungary, as his club vs country debate continues.
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale was named in the starting line-up for Wales' crunch Euro 2020 qualifier against Hungary. Along with Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey they headed out looking for a victory to secure them a place at the summer championships.
Bale not a doubt for Wales
Much has been made of the winger's commitment in the Spanish capital, with question marks over his continued place in Zinedine Zidane's squad ever since the summer. Wales manager Ryan Giggs put Bale in, with no playing time under his belt for Los Blancos since the last international break not enough to put him off, knowing how effective he can be for his beloved country.
And the two big names of the Red Dragons didn't take long to combine at Cardiff Stadium. With just a quarter of an hour gone, Bale was played in on the right and then crossed for the Juve man to head home.
A win, on the back of Saturday's 2-0 defeat of Azerbaijan, will see Giggs' squad reach yet another finals tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth