Real Madrid: Ronaldo would love to have Vinicius at Valladolid
The former Real Madrid forward defended his young compatriot Vinicius and suggested without him last season would have been even worse at the Bernabéu.
Former Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has defended Vinicius Junior in the wake of the young forward’s peripheral status at the Bernabéu and suggested that last season would have been considerably worse for the then-European champions without the 19-year-old in the squad.
“He’s a great player,” the Brazil legend said during an interview with Fox Sports Brasil. “He had a great season last year and he practically saved Real Madrid from even worse failure.”
Ronaldo: "I'd love to be able to have Vinicius"
Ronaldo, who now owns Real Valladolid, has long been an admirer of Vinicius, who arrived at the Bernabéu from Flamengo in 2018 but has seen his place in the Madrid side and the Brazil national team squad usurped this campaign by Rodrygo, and has previously attempted to land the teenager on loan from his former club. “I’d love to be able to have him. But he still has a lot to learn, he still indulges himself. And to make matters worse Rodrygo is in great form, he is displaying great composure and he’s surprised everyone.”
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops