Barcelona outstrip Real Madrid in LaLiga television revenue
LaLiga champions Barcelona pocketed more TV revenue than any other club in the Spanish top flight last season.
LaLiga has published the distribution of television revenue in Spain's top two divisions in the 2018/19 season, a campaign that saw the 20 teams in Primera split a total of 1.42bn euros - up from 1.33bn the previous year.
Barcelona earn 11.2m euros more than Real Madrid
Barcelona, who were crowned Spanish champions for the 26th time, were the highest-paid club in LaLiga, pocketing a total of 166.5m euros, while Real Madrid, who finished third, were the league's second biggest TV earners, picking up 155.3m.
At the other end of the spectrum, relegated pair Rayo Vallecano and Huesca were LaLiga's lowest-paid clubs, receiving 47.4m and 44.2m euros, respectively.
Málaga the highest TV earners in Segunda
In Segunda División, meanwhile, Málaga were the top earners, netting 30m euros. The Andalusians were followed by Deportivo La Coruña (24.7m) and Las Palmas (23.6m).
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card