BARCELONA - REAL MADRID
Barcelona fined and threatened with stadium closure over balls thrown onto field during Clásico
The referee wrote in his report that the game had to be stopped for a minute and a half because of balls being thrown onto the field by fans at Camp Nou.
Spanish football's Competition Committee plan to fine Barcelona €1,500 along with issuing a threat of stadium closure for an incident that took place during the game at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
The decision is based on article 101.2 of the disciplinary code that states: "It it considered a serious incident and willl be sanctioned with a fine up to €3,000 with a threat of closure [of their stadium] the throwing of balls or any other item onto the field of play."
The referee, Alejandro Hernández Hernández, wrote in his match report that: "In the 55th minute, the game had to be stopped for a minute and thirty seconds because of balls being thrown onto the field by fans."
There were clashes outside the stadium due to politcial protests on the streets and police in Barcelona clamped down on security for the event. The game was originally scheduled for October 26 but was moved due to political tension. The balls thrown onto the field said "Sit and talk" on them relating to the situation in Catalonia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby