Evergreen Joaquín signs contract extension with Betis
Real Betis captain Joaquín will continue his association with the club beyond the 2019-20 season after signing a contract extension.
Joaquín has signed a one-year contract extension with Real Betis, which will see him stay with the club until he is only a few weeks short of his 40th birthday.
The veteran former Spain winger's new deal for the 2020-21 season was announced by Betis on Thursday.
Joaquin, who turns 39 next July, became the oldest player to score a LaLiga hat-trick earlier this month, grabbing three goals inside the first 20 minutes of a match against Athletic Bilbao.
Joaquín to keep going into third Betis decade
When he plays his next game after LaLiga's winter break, he will have represented Betis in three different decades.
He first represented the club from 2000 to 2006 and went on to play for Valencia, Malaga and Fiorentina before returning to Andalusia in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win