Inter Miami willing to pay $15 million USD for Roger Martinez
Beckham’s new team is in talks to sign Club América's player Roger Martinez and make him a designated player for the next season in Major League Soccer.
Inter Miami continues to build their team ahead of the beginning of their debut season in the MLS this year. While they have already selected 22 players from the league's draft last December, they are now looking for their three designated players.
One of those DP’s could be Roger Martinez from America, with Inter willing to pay 15 million dollars to sign the Colombian striker who had an amazing playoff run with America last Apertura 2019.
The information was revealed by ESPN’s reporter, John Sutcliffe - he said Beckham’s franchise is currently in negotiations with America to sign Martinez. If everything goes as planned, Roger Martinez would become the second franchise player in the history of Inter Miami.
The Colombian striker arrived in the Liga MX in 2018 with America paying around 9 million dollars to the Spanish team Villarreal. Since his arrival, America have won the Apertura 2018 making them the team with most league titles in the history of the Mexican championship.
MARTINEZ SINCE HIS ARRIVAL TO MEXICO
The striker has played a total of 67 games with America, scoring 17 goals and providing 11 assists. He has also played in the Copa America 2019 with Colombia, where he scored a fantastic goal against Argentina in the group stage.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?