Guido Rodriguez leaves America to sign with Real Betis
The 25-year-old Argentine will leave America after two years and sign with panish club Real Betis until 2024.
After days of negotiations, Real Betis and America have agreed on a $10 million deal for Guido Rodriguez and the Mexican club will retain 20% of the midfielder’s economic rights. Real Betis manager, Rubi, confirmed that negotiations are in their final stage.
It is expected that Guido will fly as soon as possible to Spain to finalize the deal so he can start training with the team next week. The Argentine will be playing with former America teammate, Diego Lainez, who has only played a few games this season.
Guido Rodriguez started his career at River Plate, then he went on to play for Defensa y Justicia and in 2016 he was transferred to Xolos from Tijuana. After a year there America signed him and he became one of the best players in the Mexican championship.
Real Betis signed the Argentine because they didn’t have a suitable player with the requisite qualitu in his position and manager, Rubi, had been forced to play defenders in that position like Marc Bartra or Edgar. Guido will replace William Carvalho who got injured last October.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: How often should I wash my hands if I'm on lockdown?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid-19 | Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March